Sunday, October 21, 2012

HAPPY INDIA WITH POVERTY & DEPRIVATION

I was on a shopping binge along with my mildly domineering wife; a few days before in Bhubanswar. Our first stop was Sahid Nagar to buy one new mobile phone as the old one was making my VIP caller including my little bro from USA scream for it was suffering from hearing disability in just 6 yrs of birth (purchased six years ago at Chennai). Before, entering into the Nokia Store at Sahid Nagar, spotted a Golgapa vendor from Bihar who refused to serve me Golgapa having a Cigarette in one hand;he obviously does not know the test & taste of cocktail of Golgapa & Cigar. I advised him to try "bloodymary; looked at me in disbelief. Threw the butt and enjoyed a couple of Pani puri before descending on the Nokia Mobile Store and in just five minutes snapped deal for ASHA 202-double sim card with camera & internet facility @4k, a very good bargain.(Irony of the moment was that when people change their Mobile just like their attire I was exchanging a new mobile after 6 long years) But, I was unperturbed;but, I can't say the same about my better half who for last so many years wish to upgrade my Mobile phone;always, my cryptic response would be "change your husband as well" followed by a long silence. Our second stop was Master Canteen Modern Book Depo to buy a book for myself and one to gift Naveen Patnaik on his birth day; but, while leaving the store I was carrying 4 books;as readers could guess the additional two books were selected by my wife-Hindi Titles just to reduce the weight of my wallet than intention of reading(as she spends at least 8 hrs before T.V) though, she sports a MBA degree from XIMB. Our third stop was Bapuji Nagar to buy/repair some kitchen equipment;my grudge was why you need so many kitchen machinery for two persons and when you cook just once ( my wife's constant refrain is don't expect me to go into the stove more than once a day; in other words, stuff with bought out items and visit doctor as liberally as possible;incidentally her sister & bro in law are doctors). Therefore, I just took a miss from the scene to light a cigarette in the guise of buying some accessory for the mobile phone. I moved to a little corner beyond the eyes of my wife's eagle eye and quietly blew a cigar adjacent to the new fly over at Bapuji Nagar; what I see next is a few vendors, auto drivers and rickshaw pullers immersed in devotional songs near a small temple with one harmonium and a few Gini with sharing of cigars in between; their feelings of Happiness was contagious with so negligible means. Therefore, I conclude India & Indians are still a Happy Nation inside its Poverty & Deprivation.But, do we need to change? My mobile phone rang and I had to leave; leaving behind some hard working and people and my half burnt Cigar. I promise to leave Cigar for Good;as tomorrow is my birth day as per traditional Tithi.Wish me Happy Birth Day. Disclaimer: I know my wife will never read my blog and my readers can't reach her.

No comments:

Post a Comment