Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DRAFT SPEECH AT PanIIT GLOBAL CONFERENCE



Bikash Choudhury


Chairperson of Organizing Committee, Galaxy of Speakers and Dignitaries on the dais, representative of Media, Ladies and Gentlemen. Let me start with a confession: I have tried to join IIT but failed. And, I look upon IITians as some one from Mars with high degree of Intelligence. I used to console my self “Dhiru Bhai didn’t go to IIT and          Bill Gates dropped out of College

Friends, I have not come here to make a speech amidst such a galaxy of individuals and personalities; but, to share a thought; which I think important for the theme that you have chosen for this conference “tryst with destiny”. In my opinion “Sampurna Bharat and Samparna Bharat” as the destiny of this Nation by 2025. And, for this we need education, research, innovation and entrepreneurship to have tryst with our destiny. The Academic process in our Higher Education is more ‘memory’ oriented than learning or experimentation and questioning. We could encourage Academic & Research Excellence by enriching the campus life by organizing activity based program on various subjects and extra curricular activities on each weekend. The result can be monitored and later extended to all 16 IIT in the country. I wish Indian IIT system would prove to be a formidable Institution for education, research and technology development for the problems of people not only India but Globally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment