Sunday, December 20, 2009

Next Generation Oriya Movie



Bikash Choudhury


Dear Nirad Babu,I have seen your movie "Maya Miriga" and that was the last Oriya movie left an Impact in my mind about my attitude towards my parents and conditioned my response to my dependent brothers when I started working and earning. Many viewers would have similar experience with your movie. Other Oriya movie, I steel remember is "Sesha Shrabana". Why such movies we don't see these days? Is there no market for such movies? or Film makers are tired of taking risk in making such movies? I did not find any answer to this question till date. May be you and your colleagues at KIIT School of Film & Media Science have an answer.

Recently, Columnist Mr. Barendra Dhal had written 9 eloquent articles on the state of Oriya Language in Dharitri News paper.
I consider along with creating awareness about- having a feeling for mother tongue(Oriya) if we can make good quality movies in Oriya just like in Tamil & Telegu films then Oriya Language can survive the Taste of time.

Suggestion:

1. A few Big banner commercial Oriya movie with strong storyline in a year can make Oriya Movie audience seatup &takenotice
2. Bilingual Movie(Hindi & Oriya) with Ideal mix of Bollywood & Ollywood Stars.
3.Music and Choreography in Collaboration with Tamil Movie makers.
4.Art direction & Set design in collaboration with Mumbai studios
5.Dedicated Film financier & producer from Odisha's rich and famous persons.

No comments:

Post a Comment